We all have that dream home that we want to live in, the one with; six bedrooms, 3 kitchens, and an intercom system that lets the family know when dinner is ready. However, for most of us we aren’t there yet. You may be like me and still living in what’s called a “starter home.” A house that you buy first so you can learn the ins and outs, or so you can save up money and maybe make some money off of it. Well whether you’re in the same situation as I am or if you’re already in the home of your dreams, here’s some tips and tricks to raise the value of your home from the outside.
- Define Your Landscaping Areas – Have a professional, like iCare, come out and mulch and edge your landscaping beds, so that there is a definitive beginning and end between your lawn and your landscape.
- Invest in High Quality Plants – iCare uses only the best plants in the local Indiana area that are bred and groomed from germination to produce healthy, long lasting plants. Installing new vibrant shrubs and perennials ensure that your landscaping beds stay full and beautiful all year long.
- Maintain What You Have – If you have a beautiful installation of plants or turf, but then don’t keep them maintained, within a few years your landscaping will be in worse shape than when you started. Fall and Spring Cleanups, and lawn treatments, are essential to keeping your investment looking crisp and fresh year after year.
- Invest in Outdoor Living – There’s nothing better than sitting around a fire on a cool fall evening, or sitting under the shade as Dad grills out dinner in the summer. Have the professional hardscape design crew at iCare install an outdoor living area like a paver patio, sitting wall, firepit, or more, that lasts decades and can be enjoyed by your family and neighbors alike. Outdoor living areas greatly increase the value of your home.
- Enjoy your Investment – Now that iCare has worked so hard on your yard, lawn, beds, or new patio, go enjoy it. Throw the football with your son on your green full lawn, play in the playhouse with your daughter that’s on that fresh playsoft mulch, or host your next block party with your neighbors on your brand new patio and fireplace. Whatever you have iCare do outside your home, just make sure that you go enjoy it.